Working in a lab means the involvement and use of a wide variety of equipment. What happens to all that equipment when it’s no longer needed, broken, or just ready for the trash? Laboratories produce some of the most electronic waste out of all the medical testing fields and beyond. We’re going to break down how to responsibly dispose of lab equipment, so you can get rid of it in a safe and effective manner.
Laboratory equipment can be difficult to dispose of in an environmentally-friendly way. This is due to several factors, including but not limited to:
- The size of the equipment
- The weight of the equipment
- The nature in which the equipment was used
- Hazardous materials
- Radioactive materials
- Biological waste
We can help you to responsibly dispose of hazardous materials such as glass, chemicals, labware, centrifuge tubes, and much more.
WHY YOU NEED TO UTILIZE A PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
It is important to know the proper methods to dispose of laboratory equipment. When you hire a company such as JHIE Scrap that specializes in this, you are guaranteeing the following:
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Gain confidence that you are recycling your lab equipment the right way
- The knowledge that the hazardous materials in your electronic waste will be properly handled.
- The knowledge that you will not be contributing to overflowing landfills.
- Confidentiality through our disposal of all material left on any electronic equipment so you can rest assured no one else will have the ability to access it after disposal.
JHIE SCRAP TO RECYCLE LABORATORY EQUIPMENT
At JHIE Scrap, we’re all about recycling electronic waste in a safe and environmentally-friendly manner. We will be able to assist with all your laboratory recycling needs. We can help you recycle laboratory equipment that includes but is not limited to items such as:
- Particle Counters
When you use a professional service such as JHIE Scrap to responsibly dispose of your laboratory equipment, you can rest assured we will make the process as simple for you as possible by including things such as free equipment pickup and chemical waste disposal in a safe and effective manner. We take the stress and guesswork out of your disposal needs by managing each disposal categorically.
Reach out to us for any questions regarding the proper disposal of your electronic waste today.